
I told those girls to tag our pictures on Facebook, they never did. Sigh. So I searched for a picture of them on Google, and I found the best picture of them all.
It was taken at the exact birthday party where the band and I performed 4 weeks ago, also the last I saw them. I spoke more to Shifa(Raheel), the elder sister with the pink scarf that night. The younger one took photos with me again and again and again.. but I never got to see any of the photos she took! =)
The weird and beautiful thing about it was that I gave Shifa my number(I never do that) so that she could call me. But she never did. She was never meant to.
The whole day I felt down. It was like a huge piano had crashed outside of my window learning about someone's death through the news. What a way to receive bad news.
I never really understood the bond that I have with my fans. Sometimes its good. Sometimes its bad. But I definitely cried learning about their tragic death yesterday. And Alhamdulillah, called up a few people and managed to get hold of their mother.
Strange. I feel like I lost a part of me. This girl I spoke to for just half an hour, is now gone. And I lost a part of me.
At least I have this picture of them to always remind me, to appreciate what I have. I am grateful to have had them as my fans, and I will try my best to cater to the rest out there. And also to remind me that this is all just temporary. This beauty. This talent. These fingers that I use to write songs and also the same ones I used point to Kaabah, is borrowed.
Al Fatihah.
Raheel Aljunid
Hasanah Aljunid
