Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I havent been blogging in a whiiiile so Im sorry if this was written quite badly. =P

How was SXSW? Well my experience at the SXSW was amazing. It was nothing like how I expected it to be. You would think a music festival would have a giant field. Muddy. Stalls everywhere. And a lot of stages. SXSW was the whole town. Bars. Hotels. Theatres. Churches. Every building was a venue. Music everywhere. People busking everywhere. Thousands of music lovers from all over America/the world in one town. How crazy is that? My first day I went to register to get my passes. So we had the wristbands with us, which means we have access to all venues day and night, for free! I registered as a performer, so I got this really cool Jansport backpack with a SXSW performer patch. Menangis terharu ambik beg tu. =D We walked around the 6th street(which was PACKED with people) and bumped into The Pinholes from Singapore. Really nice people!!


Registering..



Throughout the week I tried to catch all of my favourite bands/singers (Eisley, The Temper Trap, We Are Scientists, The XX, Uffie, Athlete etc) but a lot of their shows were a) happening at the same time b) reserved to those with badges only(i only had the wristband) c) too tired to go. But one thing that was a do-or-die for me was to catch The XX's show at the Mohawk Patio. No excuses. I have to go. So we did, we went to the venue to find that the queue was... neverending. It was my first time queuing up for a gig. Its also fun i gotta say. Waiting in the cold for your favourite band. Its the best feeling ever. And being told to leave the premise because the 'house was full and reserved for those with badges only', and still waited outside (there were 40 of us waiting, after an hour, there were just 7) and i was one of those hopefuls. Made friends along the way, I met Ian, a 27 year old producer living in LA, and these 2 guys(cant remember their names) but they were performers at the SXSW and the band was called Stella by Starlight. We were the few who stayed on. Then after an hour, we got in! I swear it was the best feeling in the world. we walked in and The XX was already performing their 3rd song. But it was all worth it. The wait. The cold. We got in.

The XX @ The Mohawk Patio

The next day was my performance. It was a refreshing experience for me I performed with my sessionists Colin my drummer and Urie, my keyboardist. First time without the boys(Paan, Efry and Adil)made me miss them a lot. Alhamdulillah. The show went well I think! Met up with the boys from The Pinholes, they're based in Singapore, and a few Malaysian students studying in Austin. Which was really nice. And a fan came all the way from Dallas(Thanks Victor!) it was a good night! I had a lot of fun. Thanks everyone for the support!



Lol Im really bad in writing blogs. I'll put up a video soon haha I'm better at that. I should just stick to singing and making videos huh.

Thank you everyone for following the blog. Im sorry I dont update as much. =( but I'm blessed to have you guys and people to share my experience with. Thats how things should be i think. If you see a shooting star in the sky, you dont just stand around and wait till its gone. You call over your friends and let them see it too.

Yuna. Out!