I wrote a really long (and I promise you, it was the juiciest) entry last night, those who got the chance to read it, keep it safely in your head. My advisors (yes my conducts are no longer mine, mine) tell me that its best I hold back some of my brutally honest character. As I am now.. no longer Yuna the blogger who sometimes sing, I am now Yuna the singer who sometimes blog.
Like L.A. Ok yea lets talk about L.A.
Its true you know, I am going to the States. Its just that I haven't really announced it officially anywhere. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. But I hate leaving my readers in the dark for too long. Bak kata mama "you don't tell them, they would still know, they're not stupid!" She's right. I wouldn't want people back home to think I'm abandoning them. It's an opportunity, guys. If you love music like I do, you would do the same thing. If your passion is history and you get offered a job looking for artifacts in Egypt, you would fly out the next morning.
What will I be doing there? I don't know exactly. I know I will be performing at the SXSW: South by Southwest festival in Austin, Texas(Popshuvit will be performing too!) in March, then I will be staying on till... God knows when. I have no idea. So you could say that I'm just going to be there recording some tracks(maybe), meet a few people from various labels(maybe), and just kick it with my bosses Ben and Josh from my management label IndiePop(definitely!).
And it will be good for me, I guess. I have more time on my own. I get to go away be inspired again. Your Yuna has grown up. Cuts and bruises here and there, but Alhamdulillah. I've managed to come this far.
Plus! I get to work on my English tracks! If you love Greek Goddess and Rocket, then you should be happy for me! =D
I guess thats enough blogging for tonight. I hope I didn't offend anyone here. Just like you, I have a brain. And a heart. And a blogspot.
Goodnight. I love you, world.
