
Raeesa is a crazy cat. She made me do this!!
I've been going through a lot of things lately. I've been sad lately.
It's a classic case of losing someone. But I think I've managed to keep myself happy. Im lucky I have a lot of things to do to keep myself busy.
Today I received another email about me wearing the scarf and playing music and wearing the clothes I wear. I don't usually reply these emails, because hey, in my opinion, at least I'm wearing some clothes on. That covers the essential parts of the body. Might not be enough for other people but its enough for me, as much as I respect their opinions on the way I do things. But how do you do that though? Telling people what to do? I can't do that. Because I know I'm not perfect. Wearing the scarf was the first biggest, most grown-up decision I've ever made in my life. I was 19. I was going really fast in my life. I made some bad decisions. And I grew tired of it and started to think about the people I love and the better person I wanna be. It was a huge step and I took it. I'm still learning, you know, but none the less, Im glad I did it. I'm happier.
I'm not trying to send any messages out there about wearing the headscarf and playing music. It's just a decision I made a long time ago and I'm happy with it. I am still me.
"There is much more to my beliefs and opinions than a simple headscarf can represent, and my identity is far too large and complex an issue to be encompassed by the fact that I cover my hair." -Aseel Najib
"You can't please everyone right?" says Raeesa. She is 20 (dammit she's young. and hot.) And she's right. Whatever job you're having now, there will always be people who will always be in the way and try to bring you down. Luckily for me I went through things like that for the past 10 years (I used to get bullied a lot in school. Loser gile kan!) and I think it has made me the solid rock I am today. So now Im 23. I have a job that I love. Im a musician. I pray to God. I love my parents and I take care of my grandparents and the people around me and I don't need to prove anything more.
Wow this is by far the longest, most personal entry I've ever made here on Blogspot. =)
And i just realized that I have 130+ followers. Thank you everyone for reading my blog. You people rock my world. Ok ok now I have to study.
With that, I leave you with my favourite line from Coldplay.
God gave you style, God gave you grace.
God put a smile upon your face.
So why should you be so sad? Make sense kan!! =D
